Monday, January 18, 2010

Charissa: better choices

So...I figured out a better way to monitor my eating. I've been writing down everything I eat each day for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, and then what type of exercise I do that day. Every day I want at least one thing to write down for exercise, even if it's just lifting my arm weights for five minutes. A little exercise is better than nothing.

This writing down everything I eat [and recording the portions if they are abnormally small or large] is working well for me so far. It allows me to really look at the choices I'm making, and really evaluate if I'm being healthy or not. The past two days I've done really well. I also put a tiny strike through something if I know I only ate it because I was bored, or if I was no longer hungry but ate it anyways. This is working well because it's making me really acknowledge if I'm eating when I'm hungry, if I'm eating just to eat or because my friends are eating, as well as protecting me from reverting into starving myself or being to hard on myself.

So far I've been eating really healthy stuff, but I'm realize I just eat super huge portions. I'm not sure whether I actually need those large portions, or if it's just a habit, but it's good for me to see how I'm eating. Yay for health.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment