Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jessica: Adventurer, Traveler, Friend


Hey, I'm Jessica :)

I'll admit that I'm nervous about my list of 101 things, but I know with my own motivation and the support from my friends, I'll be able to accomplish anything! That is why I am not rushing into my list to finish everything ASAP. Although I prefer speed (I am one of the most impatient people you will ever meet), I know that slow and steady will win the race.

I've got 1001 days, after all!

1. Years and years ago, my mom gave me this book called Prayer, Praise & Promises. It's a daily devotional through the book of Psalms, which is also one of my most favorite books of the Bible. One of my greatest weaknesses as a Christian is that I never bother to find time to spend in prayer and reading my Bible. I plan on making it a priority to find time :)

2. I also started my Project 365. I'm not sure if I want to take a self-portrait every day, or actually be creative and just take a photo of anything/anyone I please. But it would be interesting to see how much I'll change and change again within a year.

3. January 1, 2010 was not only the first day of the new year, but the first day out of 1001 that I will not drink any soda. It's been about a little over two days since I've had my last soda, and I've had headaches come and go. No fun! The first day was the worst, because I had a headache all day, but the last few days I've been waking up just fine. Advice: DRINK LOTS OF WATER!

I also want to start a few other things, like scrapbooking and purchasing a Polaroid camera. But that will be for another day...

3 comments:

  1. supposedly the first 3 weeks of quitting or committing to something are the hardest, and after that it's more of a habit.

    and i am reading my bible right now! it goes hand in hand with my commitment to pray...i'm really bad at making time to learn from God and consciously thank him for all he's done and reflect on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.
    that project 365 sounds awesome. i might do it as soon as i actually acquire a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for our lists! I'm trying to make sure that the first thing I do in the morning it pray, even if I don't get to read my Bible right away, I want to start my day off with a good chat with God.

    ReplyDelete