Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jessica: Fast Food vs REAL Food....

Goal #69: No fast food for three months
Goal #70: Don't drink soda for the entire 1001 days

At first, I imagined these two goals would be easy to accomplish, one more so than the other...but when it got down to it, it sounded amazing to give in to a fatty, Carls Jr. meal and a large soda.

Why?

Probably because I know I cannot have these things at all. And when I used to have these on a weekly basis (soda on a daily basis, several times a day...) it became really hard to give up. Mostly because I am suffering from caffeine-withdrawal headaches.

Well today for lunch, I knew I couldn't have a satisfyingly quick meal from a fast food joint accompanied by an ice cold soda. I really wanted a Bacon Swiss Crispy Sandwich from Carls Jr and a Dr. Pepper. Instead, I went to Clark's and got a real chicken sandwich and an ice-cold ice tea.

It was worth the wait for my fresh food and healthy beverage, and I know afterwards I won't feel like I'm about to die.


Mmmm, yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment